Personal Protective Equipment
DEKRA is a European Notified Body
DEKRA is your professional partner for testing and certifying personal protective equipment (PPE). As a European Notified Body with identification number 0158, our experts test and certify according to the PPE Directive 89/686/EEC or the Equipment and Product Safety Act.
Your products might be:
- Self-contained breathing apparatus
- Air-purifying breathing apparatus
- Face pieces
- Escape breathing apparatus
- Head protection
- Protective clothing
- Personal fall protection equipment
- Cargo securing elements and lifting tackle
- Side protection systems
Our experts carry out testing to support development or for quality assurance, as well as investigations on equipment involved in an accident, by request.
DEKRA supports you with application-specific issues regarding personal protective equipment, for example, through compatibility tests or advice about the correct and safe use of breathing apparatus.
* Some services may be provided by our certification partners or our NCB.